13 January 2009

You can't have it all


Well, I guess you can't have it all....

Before I left for a short holiday, we had some really bad news. Last October we thought the financial crisis may not hurt us that much, but in December Open Source Amsterdam suffered a major financial setback.

Days before my departure, I had to make some painful decisions, cutting in the organisation and communication budget, and - worst of all - the art budget as well. Although we still have a firm GO for the event, there will be maybe only 17 works of art instead of 20.

It took me the whole holiday to get over this and then, on my return, another disaster....

I won't get into details since I am so angry and frustrated about it but the bottom line is that some civil servants the local district council decided that the location of Jennifer Tee's work is not appropriate. Above is a photograph of Jennifer's testing with two 1:1 scale models on site. You be the judge.....


No comments: